Thursday, September 11, 2014

BIRTHDAY/ LDW KICK-OFF OOTD
















It's finally here!!
I am super excited to share with you all, my very first blog post on Styled By Shar! With much support and encouragement from my friends, I've decided to take courage and launch my very own fashion blog. I hope the inner creative side of you is left inspired to discover and enhance your own sense of style!

This post is way overdue, but I am posting it anyway! On my birthday, which was actually right before Labor Day weekend, I decided to wear a woven top with very intricate lacings and paired it with some baroque printed trousers. (Btw, the trousers we're only $8.99 because it was on sale on top of another sale, holla if you love discounts!). At first, I thought the complex design of the top would clash with the detailed pattern of the trousers, but after trying it on, they seemed to mesh pretty well. The basic style rule is this, when one piece is very loud and detailed, you want to make sure that the opposing piece is simple and subdued in order to avoid an overly messy and crazy outfit. You also would want the opposing piece to be simple in efforts to enhance the details of the louder piece. However, in this occasion both pieces seemingly complimented each other which shows that it's always fun to be creative and play/bend with the rules ;) You do you!





White woven top: Urban Outfitters
Baroque printed trousers: Forever 21
Orange flats: Tory Burch (Bloomingdales)
Tan purse: Forever 21


Pictures taken by: Kevin Young
& many thanks to: @MadebyTiger & Andy Chang!







No comments:

Post a Comment