Thursday, September 18, 2014

Overalls and Red Walls









   
                                                                      



Woohoo the second blog post is finally up! Thank you all so much for the love and support! It really encourages and energizes me when friends and viewers continue to cheer me on. Hope you enjoy this second post as much as you enjoyed the first, or even more! 

For this outfit I have on a pair of short overalls aka shortalls. Overalls have a very long history in fashion and most of you know it as the 90's fashion statement piece. However, over the past few years, overalls were revived and seriously trending for at least the past 2 years. I used to own a few pairs in elementary school in different styles and colors too, short, long, denim, khaki, you name it, I had it. For someone who wore them as a young girl, I never thought they would ever come back and become a huge hit with women of all ages. When they first started to trend in 2012, I actually had a few doubts about them. My initial reaction to them were that they looked too childish. I felt I was too old to rock a pair, but for someone who likes to try new things, I couldn't help trying on a pair and what do you know, I absolutely loved them! Besides the fact of having to take off the entire piece when you use the restroom (#onesieproblems), overalls are super comfy and easily adaptable for any casual occasion. 
Overalls, whether they're short or long, denim or khaki, they go along with almost any type of top. Tight, loose, flowy, tank top, crop top, long-sleeved, short-sleeved, boat neck, round neck, v-neck, button-down, you name it, it will be able to fit as long as you have the confidence to wear it! Next time you see a pair of overalls, why not give it a try? 

Btw, check out this hilarious post from Who, What, Wear  on what men think of women wearing overalls. 

On myself: 
Short denim overalls: Target 
Black beaded top: Ann Taylor (My mom's old top) 
Black leather boots: Shoe Cult by Nasty Gal
Wide-brimmed fedora hat: Forever 21
Black faux-leather purse: Forever 21 



Pictures taken by: Kevin Young
Many thanks to: Made by Tiger & Andy Chang. 










No comments:

Post a Comment