Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reviving Old Pieces






             








R E V I V I N G   O L D   P I E C E S


This week I've decided to share some older pieces of clothing with y'all and what do you know, it also happens to be throwback Thursday ;)
Today's outfit contains a piece from the old high school days. I've had this creme colored top for about 7 years and sadly, I can count the number of times I've worn it on just one hand. What initially attracted me to this top was it's unique style and of course, the low price tag (it was on sale).. so like any other fashion-obsessed teenage girl I was inclined to buying the top. Little did I know that it wasn't a very wearable piece for me. The top itself is extremely loose with a baggy fit and has an awkward length which barely covers my bottom. I definitely couldn't wear it alone, unless it was used as a a cover up over a swimsuit. I was frustrated that I couldn't properly style it which explains why I've only worn it a few times.
However, as I grew older and had more time experimenting with my style, I (literally) dug this old piece out of the closet and exposed it to some light. When you have an extremely baggy top and you don't want to wear it as is, try tying a knot on the front, sides, or back to give it some shape just like this outfit. Even with the knot, my top still looks very baggy, but it does give more shape and structure than before. The piece I'm wearing underneath is one of my favorite rompers that I bought during a missions trip in Thailand. The loose top over my romper was a perfect light-weight outerwear piece for the summer.
Which piece do you want to revive? Maybe an old top from high school? Style it with some modern accessories and you'll have yourself a brand new outfit! Try it out~




Loose Creme Top: Lux from Urban Outfitters
Romper: a mall from Thailand
Wide-brimmed Fedora Hat: Forever 21
Beige Suede Purse: Forever 21
Black Leather Boots: Shoe Cult by Nasty Gal

Photos taken by: Kevin Young
Many thanks to: Made by Tiger & Andy Chang!





No comments:

Post a Comment